Our contract with you
The Tesco.ie Site (from here on called "this Site") is operated by Tesco Ireland Limited (from here on called "Tesco", "we" or "us" and "our" has a related meaning).
We want our legal relationship with you in relation to this Site to be fair and clear. We have therefore set out how the different parts of that relationship will work in three important documents, which are available on this Site. These are:
- Our Terms and Conditions for the Use of the Tesco.ie Site (this document), which covers the general use and operation of this Site;
- Our Terms and Conditions of Sale, which covers placing orders, receiving deliveries, making payment, returns and other related matters; and
- Our Privacy & Cookies Policy, which covers how we may use information about you and your use of this Site.
You should read each of these documents carefully as together they form the basis of our legal relationship with you and they affect your rights and liabilities under the law.
In addition, sometimes other terms and conditions or policies we have in place may be relevant to our legal relationship with you. These will include, for example, any terms and conditions that apply to promotions or competitions.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not register for or use this Site. By registering to use and on each occasion that you then use this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including any amendment that we may make to them.
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any amendments will be notified to you using the e-mail address you give us or by a suitable announcement on this Site. Changes to these terms and conditions will apply after we have given such notice. If you do not wish to accept the amended terms and conditions you should not continue to use this Site. If you do continue to use this Site, you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
You must ensure that the details you provide on registration are correct and complete and that you keep them up to date by updating your personal details on this Site.
You must ensure that your computer hardware and software, including internet access, meet the requirements of this Site.
The content of this Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display content from this Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this Site without written permission from Tesco.
No licence is granted to you in these terms and conditions or elsewhere to use any trade mark held by Tesco or any affiliated companies including, without limitation, the trade marks TESCO and TESCO CLUBCARD.
You may not use this Site for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, misleading, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- transmitting material that encourages criminal conduct, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or codes of practice;
- gaining unauthorised access to any computer system;
- interfering with any other person's use of this Site;
- breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
- interfering or disrupting networks or web sites connected to this Site;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
You will indemnify Tesco against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses reasonably suffered or incurred by us, all damages awarded against us under any judgment by a court of competent jurisdiction and all sums paid by us as a result of any settlement agreed by us arising out or in connection with:
- any claim by any third party that the use of this Site by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice;
- any claim by any third party that the use of this Site by you infringes that third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature; and
- any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of this Site by you.
Availability of this Site
We may at any time suspend or restrict the operation of this Site without notice.
Third party content
This Site will include content, in particular advertising, from third parties. We will not be liable to you for the accuracy of this content or for any dealings you may have with any third party in connection with or as a result of that content. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in such content we will correct them as soon as we reasonably can.
Links to other sites
This Site will include links to other Internet sites, including those of other businesses, where other terms and conditions will apply. We will not be liable for any content on these sites or any of your dealings with the businesses that may operate them.
We will use your information only in accordance with our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Suspension and cancellation of registration
You may cancel your registration at any time by calling Customer Services. If you do so, you must stop using this Site.
We may suspend or cancel your registration at our complete discretion and at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be required to retain any information we hold about you after that time.
We shall not be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
If you access this Site from a country other than Ireland you do are responsible for compliance with relevant laws there. You may not access this Site from countries where such access or the contents of this Site are illegal.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you breach these terms and conditions and we do not take any action, that will not affect our ability to rely on these terms and conditions later.
Tesco Ireland Limited a company registered in Ireland whose registered office is at Gresham House, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.
Last update: 28/09/2009